Friday, March 21, 2014

5 Things Friday

Let's just drive right in, shall we?



1.  Because of Spring Break, Henry's daycare schedule is a little different.  I was so confused as to what day it was yesterday.  I could have sworn all day it was actually Friday (don't you just hate that?  Cruelest of jokes).  So if I actually manage to get to work on time today, it will be total evidence of mind over matter.  I'm pretty sure even Henry was confused.  He gave me a look as we pulled into daycare like, "Um... this isn't normal."  Glad to see we are raising a flexible human being.



2.  This last weekend, Henry was so grumpy that we were convinced he either had an ear infection or would be FINALLY getting a tooth.  We waited with baited breath and the pediatrician's phone number at the ready all weekend.  Sunday evening, after basically coming to terms with the fact that he most likely had an ear infection, I decided to feel his gums and he has a tooth!!!  He won't let us look in his mouth and it has barely popped through, but it is definitely there.  And I am hoping so hard that his biting phase has really truly passed.



3.  My mom and dad gave me some birthday gifts this last weekend.  One of the things I had asked for was the book Burial Rites, so I was very excited when I opened this:



Notice anything strange about the book, though?

My mom explained that somehow she accidentally ordered the LARGE PRINT version.



It looks like a children's chapter book.

Just thinking about it makes me laugh.

It's not a big deal.  If anything, it is going to make me feel like a super fast reader.  I like a little delusional confidence booster.



4.  Taylor officially photo-bombed.




5.  Phil is an absolute jack-pot of a husband.  Seriously... the guy is amazing.  One of the MANY attributes that make him so wonderful is that he pretty much lets me watch whatever I want on TV.  He draws the line at some reality television, but that's about it.  I try my hardest to let him watch what he wants to watch when it is something he really cares about.  It is kind of the least I can do.  Cue March Madness.  In an effort to even a little about college basketball, Phil and i filled out a bracket for my office pool.  We spent about an hour filling it out Wednesday night and what did I do?  Forgot to take it to work.

No big deal, I thought.  I filled it out in blue pen.  It's not like I really care enough to cheat anyway.  Do you think that was good enough for my coworkers?

Nope.

They wanted Phil to text a picture of the bracket to the office.

Phil obliged.  But that wasn't good enough either.  They wanted me to print off the picture and use that as my bracket.



Whatever.

We ended up picked Florida and Arizona as our final 2, which is SUPER groundbreaking.  Obvious gamblers, right here.

5 comments:

  1. That picture of the photo bomb is adorable!! They're letting us watch march madness at the office actually, but my dad is already beating me with his bracket!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it SO nice when a tooth finally pops through?! It's like "all my hard work was worth something"... even if you didn't do a dang thing besides keeping a crazy grumpy baby alive. haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No small accomplishment!!! :) It is so deceiving because you still can't really see the tooth. And this morning, he was pretty grumpy again so I am wondering if we have another tooth coming soon.

      Delete
  3. Oooh, teething. So, so fun. Except not at all. I wish babies were born with teeth. Life would be so much easier.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray for his first tooth! That's always exciting when the teeth come in and your baby goes back to being their normal happy self...with no biting!

    ReplyDelete

Let's be friends. I hope your e-mail is attached to your profile! Then I can e-mail you back.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Anniversary