Wednesday, April 9, 2014

I wore new pants

It is only Wednesday and already I feel like I have had a week and a half.

It hasn't necessarily been bad, just... entertaining?

House hunting stuff is still going on.  I don't want to get into at the moment (partially because the process is giving me PTSD), but I still find it shocking how emotionally taxing the process is.  I mean, we've been through a lot.  In comparison, this should be nothing.

Moving on... (get it?!  A little humor for you)

In other funny news, I wore some different pants to work yesterday.  You know your life is getting exciting when different pants makes the week's highlights.  These weren't just any pants.  A couple of months ago, I decided to take the plunge and finally purchase some "liquid leggings".  In case you are curious, they look like THIS.

I was going to take a picture of me wearing them, but you couldn't really see the shiny-ness that well which kind of defeated the purpose.

Yesterday, I finally mustered up the courage to wear them and it did NOT go unnoticed.  Pretty much everyone I came across that day made a comment about my pants.  One of my coworkers wanted to touch them.  My dad asked me if I was joining a motorcycle gang.

But the BEST comment came when I picked Henry up from daycare.  I walked over to Henry and squatted down to talk to him when a little boy (a little under 2 years old) came up to me and said, "WOOOW!!!" as he reached out and touched my knee.

And then he did it again.  It was cute.  I think he approved.

Then I came home and make chicken pot pie from scratch (kind-of).  I used THIS recipe and followed some of the suggestions.  It was SO GOOD!!!  Definitely a keeper.

Henry has been so tired in the evenings, it has been a challenge to get him to bed before he freaks out.  So last night, he was fed, bathed, nursed and asleep before we even ate dinner.  Here's what Henry's tired face looks like:


But add in a lot of eye rubbing.

New pants, Chicken Pot Pie, and a tired baby... what in the world will today hold?  :)

2 comments:

  1. I've wanted to buy a pair of pants like that for the longest time, but have always been WAY too chicken.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL at the little boy touching your pants and being amazed! That's way too cute! :)

    ReplyDelete

Let's be friends. I hope your e-mail is attached to your profile! Then I can e-mail you back.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Anniversary