Thursday, July 10, 2014

A little domestic

You know your 3-day weekend is going to be a good one when at 4:30 on Thursday, you get a call from daycare (never good) and they said, "Henry just threw-up EVERYWHERE."  (also not good)

I rushed to pick him up, cancelling what little plans we had for the weekend in my head because I just knew I would be pipette-ing teaspoons of Pedialyte into Henry's mouth every 2 minutes for the new couple of days and doing puke laundry.

Thankfully, he only threw up one more time that night and then was fine the next day.

Phew...

By Friday, Henry was acting more and more like himself.  We still kept things pretty low key for the weekend and I guess staying home made me feel SUPER domestic.

All of a sudden, I had the energy from back in my early blog/newlywed days.  Everything had to be made from scratch.  I don't know why.   That included:

-  Cornbread Stuffing

-  Pulled Pork with Coleslaw

-  Peach Cobbler

-  Macaroni and Cheese

-  Turkey Salad

-  Laundry Soap

And I have zero pictures of any of it.  Because we were too busy eating it.  All of it was WAY too good.

We now have 10 gallons of laundry soap bottled and waiting to be used.  The last time I made laundry soap, it lasted like a year and a half.  I'm sure it won't last as long this time (since we have an extra person who produces A LOT of laundry), but I am expecting it to last at least a year.

And of all that wonderful food listed above, Henry would only eat the cobbler.  As in he cried when the bowl was empty.  Broke my little heart.  But part of that might be my own fault.  I have come to the realization that Henry needs to eat dinner much earlier in the evening.

Truthfully, I started writing this post 3 days ago.  Tuesday, Phil and I both got either the stomach flu or food poisoning.  Ironically, I really think it was food poisoning... as in, my cooking poisoned us.  Not from anything that I cooked off of this list.  I blame some chicken sausages purchased from Costco.  They are going in the trash.  A coworker of mine suggested that we give them to the dogs...

Let's see... they made my husband and I sick, but let's give them to the dogs?

I don't think so.

We are feeling better now.  And tonight for dinner, we are having baked fish.  Henry usually eats fish, so wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's be friends. I hope your e-mail is attached to your profile! Then I can e-mail you back.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Anniversary