Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Sickness

I'm a bad blogger.

But in my defense, I have had reasons.  Here come the excuses.

1)  I got sick.  For some reason, my sinus infection took FOREVER to get over.  And once I was finally starting to feel better...

2)  Henry got sick.

{Sick and headed to Grandma's house}

And I'm sorry, but there is nothing worse than a sick baby.

It started last Wednesday with a 103 degree fever.  I think at it's peak, it was 103.8.  Tylenol barely helped.  He'd play for a little bit, but then wanted to be held.  And I would have obliged, but I HAD to be at work.  My boss was out of town and it turns out there kind of needs to be an engineer at the engineering firm.  Whatever.



Perhaps I'm not the greatest at compartmentalizing, but I found it really hard to focus at work with a sick baby at Grandma's.  It's the plight of the working mom.

Henry ended up having Roseola.  The fever was gone Saturday morning, but just in time for the body rash.  I had read that the rash isn't supposed to itch (like they could possibly know that).  And I think Henry would disagree.  He's been using the back of his hand, his blankie, the carpet, pretty much anything he can to itch his head.

{Reading Fox In Socks for the billionth time in an attempt to distract him from the itching}

And the heat wave that has hit the area isn't helping the rash go away.  We are hopeful the rash will subside any day now.  Especially because he has been REALLY fussy lately.

{It's kind of hard to see, but he has a pretty good rash on his forehead}

Like inconsolable.  To the point where you look at him screaming after you've tried everything and feel super helpless.  I wish I could take his rash away.  And that's saying a lot because I HATE rashes.

There is nothing worse than a sick baby.  I don't know how parents of really sick kids do it.  And I hope I never have to find out.

I am thankful that this is just a virus and we hopefully won't have any complications that will end us in the hospital again.  My mom told me she thought my brother and I were sick more between the ages of 1 and 2 than 0 to 1.  Great... More to look forward to.  I have no doubt this illness came from daycare, but I've been told the upside is that he won't get nearly as sick in elementary school.  There has to be a silver lining somewhere.

3 comments:

  1. Aw poor poor Henry. I hope he gets over this rash soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. poor sweet henry. those cheeks i could eat up. i hope he feels better fast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry y'all were sick. That is no fun at all. Hope you have a great 4th of July weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Let's be friends. I hope your e-mail is attached to your profile! Then I can e-mail you back.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Anniversary