Friday, August 1, 2014

5 Things Friday

I'm not sure why, but I am having a HUGE blank on things for this list.  It isn't like the week has been boring, because it hasn't.  But I'm just not sure there are a lot of things to share, if that makes sense.  We'll give it a go anyway because it's my blog and I am nothing if not a stickler for tradition.




1.  I have felt some twinges of baby-fever lately.  I blame it on other bloggers and friends who have recently had babies or announced they are pregnant.  Either way, it has gotten me thinking.  And then I stumbled upon THIS POST from a couple of months ago.

Baby-fever has subsided a bit.


2.  Have you seen these floating around pinterest?

{I made this picture nice and big to make it look extra enticing}

I may have pinned the recipe a little bit ago.  Well we were having some company over last night and while I was at the store (without the recipe) I decided to get the supplies I though were needed to make them:

-  Crescent Rolls
-  Hershey's chocolate
-  Large marshmallows

After I got home, I looked at the recipe.  Not quite right.  But I thought I would just go for it anyway. I rolled a large marshmallow with one bar of chocolate and baked them at 375 degrees for 11 minutes.  The marshmallows WAY expanded and kind of solidified on the pan.  I went ahead and added an extra bar of chocolate in the giant hole the marshmallow left.

But it didn't even matter because they were DELICIOUS!!!!  Looked super weird but nobody cared as they stuffed them in their mouths.  I have no pictures of the ones I made because 1) they were ugly and 2) they were eaten too fast.

For future reference, I will use small marshmallows.


3.  Henry has developed some interesting sleeping positions:



I don't think he will be ready for a big boy bed anytime soon.

Also, he doesn't usually have that stern look on his face while he sleeps.  I had to turn his lamp on to get that pictures.  Blogger Mom, right here.


4.  I'm pretty much over having stomach problems.  2 bouts of food poisoning in the last month... that's lame.  With Phil's defense coming up and all the work that he needs to do for that, I don't want him to get sick anymore.  Being completely rational, I think we will just eat at home until October.  Only extremely over-cooked vegetables, chicken and rice until then.  Totally rational, right?  Right.  No more puking in the Janney house.  Please and Thank You.


5.  The other day at daycare, I pulled into the parking lot and parked with PLENTY of room in my stall for me to get Henry into his carseat.  Anyone who has dealt with a carseat knows that sometimes you end up having the door open AS WIDE AS POSSIBLE to get a squirmy babe fastened.  I walk outside to put Henry in the car and someone has parked their Mercedes over the line in MY STALL.  It took some special maneuvering (and about three times as long), but I was able to get Henry in without bumping the other car.  Meanwhile, that driver (a Grandma) comes out with two little girls.  Because I am busy by one of the doors, she has them crawl through and get in from the other side of the car.  I contemplated saying something to her about leaving more space, but thought better of it.

After I sucked everything in and slid into the driver's side, the Grandma was still waiting for the girls to climb to their carseats.  I buckled my seatbelt, turned on my car and put it into reverse.  But before I could start backing out and before the girls had fastened their seat belts, the Grandma backed out so that she wouldn't have to wait for me to back out.

And it really irked me.

I meant, of all places, the daycare parking lot should be one place that people don't screw you over parking.  We ALL have carseats.  We ALL have had to put babies in the car.  We ALL have dealt people doing that to us.

No where is safe.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! I would do anything for one of those smore crescent roll situations. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Let's be friends. I hope your e-mail is attached to your profile! Then I can e-mail you back.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Anniversary