Friday, February 13, 2015

5 Things Friday

Friday the 13th.  I'm just super excited it is FRIDAY!!!  I have high hopes for my productivity at work today.  I'm going to knock several things out of the park today, I just know it.  :)  Here's a mix of random for you on this fine Friday.


1.  Because tomorrow is Valentine's Day, I'm sure every daycare/preschool/classroom is celebration Valentine's Day today.  Henry's baby room is no exception.  I have to admit that I had a hard time buying into classroom parties last year when Henry was a legit baby (not a toddler).  I mean, he could barely crawl so I'm pretty sure the concept of Valentine's Day was lost on him.  But now that he is talking, I get more and more excited to celebrate holidays with him.

But I still don't think he needs candy.

So I scoured the internet (ok really just Pinterest) and found THESE cute printables.  I decided I would rather the babies in his room get doughnut holes than a lollipop.

So here are Henry's Valentines:




2.  There other day on Facebook, I saw this article from Buzzfeed.  And because I am a HUGE Potterhead, I watched the video.



But it brought up something about the last movie that REALLY bothered me.  And it is visible in the video above.

Through out the all of the books (and the movies)  characters mention over and OVER how Henry looks just like his father except for his eyes.  He has his mother's eyes.  In case you aren't a weirdo and can't remember, his eyes look like this:


BLUE.

Very blue.

The little girl in that video... what color are her eyes?


BROWN!!

Why?!  I mean, this seems like something that CGI or colored contacts could have easily fixed.  I mean, did they not notice this?  It seems like such a necessary casting detail to pay attention to.

{image from HERE}

This really has been bothering me.  :)


3.  Toddler tantrums are pretty much a daily occurrence in our household.  In a way, it kind of makes me feel like we are doing something right.  Like we aren't raising a spoiled child who gets everything that he wants.  But they still suck.

Last night, he had a MASSIVE tantrum when we were leaving Grandma's house.  It lasted probably 10 minutes, including when I was putting him in the car.  And the only way I could get him to calm down was to turn all sound off in the car and be totally silent.

It didn't take but 15 seconds of that and he was calmed down.

Maybe it was a fluke.  Or maybe it was magic.  But I am definitely going to try that again the next time he has a tantrum in the car (which I'm 99.9% positive WILL happen again).


4.  Because things have been so busy at work (and they aren't showing signs of calming down any time soon thankfully), I have been making a conscious effort to take care of myself a little.  And that means I am taking more baths.



When we were house hunting, I had basically 2 things on my "must have" list.  One was the master bedroom had to have room for a king size bed (Phil is a big guy and I like my space when I'm sleeping).  And the other was I needed a decent bath tub.

5.  When I was making Henry's Valentines, I needed a stapler to attach the printable to the baggie.  It suddenly dawned on me that we don't have a regular stapler.  The only stapler we have is this one:



I found it kind of amusing.


Have a good weekend!!


Linking up with September Farm and The Farmer's Wife

1 comment:

  1. Love the Valentine's that you came up with--so cute (and sweet! haha)
    A bubble bath sounds amazing! I'm with you that I'm just happy that it's Friday!
    I never realized the girl's eye color. Now that's gonna bother me too haha

    ReplyDelete

Let's be friends. I hope your e-mail is attached to your profile! Then I can e-mail you back.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Anniversary